Opto 22 advances the edge of automation
Heard of Ethernet I/O? That was us. OPC? We co-wrote the spec as one of the founding members. How about PACs? Us again.
Today, we design and manufacture industrial control and IIoT products, like groov EPIC® and groov RIO™, that bridge the gap between IT and OT, following a core philosophy of open, standards-based technology.
Opto 22 products are deployed worldwide in industrial automation, process control, building automation, industrial refrigeration, remote monitoring, and data acquisition applications through our global network of distributors and system integrators.
Let the engineers at Opto 22 help you build your connected automation system
Opto 22’s groov® family of industrial edge controllers and I/O is designed from the ground up with integrated control, connectivity, and security tools to help you connect automation, enterprise, and cloud data.
- Develop real-time control programs in a language you know: ladder logic, function block diagram, flowcharts, Python, C/C++, and more
- Build dynamic operator HMI screens for embedded or external touchscreens, mobile devices, and browsers
- Collect, process, and publish operational data backed by fault-tolerant storage and store & forward capability
- Replace costly, high-maintenance Windows PCs for HMI, OPC, and data processing with Linux-based controllers
- Remotely access, monitor, and maintain your systems at isolated locations or customer sites
- Secure existing PLCs, traditional I/O, and standalone equipment, then integrate it with databases, business systems, and cloud services
Built on decades of field-proven experience, groov products are backed by lifetime guarantees on solid-state I/O, UL Hazardous Locations approval, ATEX compliance, and a wide -20 to 70 °C operating temperature range.
Count on free pre-sales engineering help and product support as well. All Opto 22 products are developed, manufactured, and supported in the U.S.A.
With 45+ years as a trusted automation manufacturer, we understand your projects and speak your protocols. Contact our engineers today. Let’s talk about what you want to do.
Learn More About Opto 22
groov Case Studies
From 30-year-old wind turbines, to water/wastewater treatment, to metal processing, see how customers use groov products today.Read case studies
See how a new kind of industrial controller—an edge programmable industrial controller, or EPIC—can simplify and secure automation and IIoT projects, while reducing cost and complexityRead white paper